Ex-Michigan coach Sherrone Moore granted evidentiary hearing to challenge validity of arrest after firing, scandal

Former Michigan football head coach Sherrone Moore is going to get an evidentiary hearing next month.

Yahoo Sports

A judge granted Moore's motion for the hearing Tuesday, which will allow his lawyer to challenge the basis for his arrest in their quest to have the case thrown out,according to The Athletic. That hearing is currently set for March 2.

Moore's attorney argued in court Tuesday that a detective did not disclose that the alleged victim in the case had worked closely with him within the Michigan football program. That, his attorney argued, presented a one-sided picture that was used to establish probable cause for his arrest in the first place.

"Judge Simpson got it right in this motion, and due process matters," Moore's attorney Ellen Michaels said. "Coach Moore maintains his innocence, and the truth will come out."

Moore was fired in December and then arrested hours laterin a massive scandal. The university fired him for cause after it said he "engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a staff member." He was eventually charged with third-degree home invasion, stalking, and breaking and entering. Officials said that Moore grabbed butter knives and kitchen scissors at the woman's house after he was fired and threatened to take his own life.

Advertisement

In court Tuesday, Michaels argued that a detective told a court magistrate only that the alleged victim had been in a romantic relationship with Moore, not that the alleged victim also worked for the Michigan football program and needed to communicate with Moore regularly. That meant that repeated communication from Moore to the alleged victim, Michaels argued, may not actually constitute stalking.

Michigan reportedly received a tip in Octoberthat Moore had been in a relationship with the alleged victim, though they initially denied it. Officials then said that the woman broke up with Moore and came forward to the university in December to reveal the yearslong relationship.

Prosecutor Kati Rezmierski argued Tuesday that disclosing the working relationship would not have altered the underlying facts that justified Moore's arrest, per the report. Rezmierski cited messages that Moore sent after his firing, including allegedly, "I hate you," and "My blood is on your hands," as evidence of the stalking.

"On Dec. 10, as was sworn to by detective Welker, there is more than sufficient probable cause for the issuance of a warrant that includes stalking," Rezmierski said. "That's my position."

Moore had been Michigan's offensive coordinator under previous head coach Jim Harbaugh, though he was promoted to take over for Harbaugh before the 2024 season. He spent two seasons as the team's head coach. Michigan has since hired Kyle Whittingham as its next head coach.

Ex-Michigan coach Sherrone Moore granted evidentiary hearing to challenge validity of arrest after firing, scandal

Former Michigan football head coach Sherrone Moore is going to get an evidentiary hearing next month. A judg...
Jeremy Fears Jr. leads No. 15 Michigan State to 82-59 win over UCLA

EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) —Jeremy Fears Jr.had 16 points and 10 assists, leadingNo. 15 Michigan Stateto an 82-59 victory over UCLA on Tuesday night.

The Spartans (21-5, 11-4 Big Ten) bounced back with a strong performance after losing three of four games and falling five spots in theAP Top 25this week. Fears scored 11 in the first half to help MSU build a 20-point advantage.

The Bruins(17-9, 9-6) have lost two straight games after winning five of six.

UCLA forward Tyler Bilodeau scored 22 points but didn't have much help. None of his teammates were in double figures until Skyy Clark made some late shots to finish with 12 points.

Fears made three 3-pointers in the first half and Michigan State took a 43-23 lead into the break. He finished with four 3s, a career high.

The Spartans were 8 of 14 from beyond the arc in the first half and finished with a season-high 14 3-pointers on 27 attempts.

Coen Carr scored 16 points for Michigan State, Carson Cooper had 12 and freshman Jordan Scott added 11. Jaxon Kohler provided nine points and 10 rebounds.

The Bruins were outscored by 28 points in the second half Saturday at No. 1 Michigan and lost by 30. Then they were routed again Tuesday in the same state.

UCLA center Steven Jamerson, a former Michigan State student, was called for a flagrant foul late in the game for fouling Cooper from behind on a dunk attempt. Bruins coach Mick Cronin then sent Jamerson to the locker room.

Bruins center Xavier Booker, who transferred from Michigan State last April, had two points and two rebounds in 25 minutes.

Up next

UCLA hosts No. 10 Illinois on Saturday.

Michigan State hosts Ohio State on Sunday.

Get poll alerts and updates on the AP Top 25 throughout the season. Sign uphereandhere(AP News mobile app). AP college basketball:https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-basketball-pollandhttps://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball

Jeremy Fears Jr. leads No. 15 Michigan State to 82-59 win over UCLA

EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) —Jeremy Fears Jr.had 16 points and 10 assists, leadingNo. 15 Michigan Stateto an 82-59 victory ...
Sac State goes to the MAC as conference realignment rages on

The college football landscape never stops moving, shifting and changing. The latest change is yet another drastic move of conference realignment. Sacramento State is leaving the FCS to join the FBS as they will now become a part of the MAC. Yes, the team in California is joining the Mid-American Conference. Ross Dellenger explains why Sac State is making this move and what other avenues they pursued. Andy Staples and Steven Godfrey join the conversation and react to this decision. The conversation evolves to the broader landscape of conference realignment. The guys discuss why so many of these drastic shifts are being made and what type of changes to the college football landscape they see coming in the future.

Subscribe to the College Football Enquirer

Apple Podcasts|Spotify|YouTube

Then, the guys dive into a couple of notable eligibility court cases. Trinidad Chambliss will be a Rebel for one more season after a judge in the Mississippi state court granted an injunction to give Chambliss one more season of eligibility. The guys compare s the Chambliss situation to other court cases of the past and they contrast it with the Joey Aguilar case in Tennessee. At the time of this recording, we have yet to get a ruling on Aguilar. Plus, the crew shares some of the very unique events that happened at the courthouse during the Chambliss ruling.

Later, Andy, Ross and Godfrey revisit a topic from the previous episode. Recently, a fan of Mr. Beast proposed the idea of Mr. Beast donating $100 million to East Carolina University to try to win them a National Championship. Andy was convinced that wouldn't do much, but Godfrey said he does not feel the same way. The crew discusses the feasibility of this, how small schools could make a big jump with a large cash infusion and what additional power ECU would have by having Mr. Beast behind them.

All of this and more on today's College Football Enquirer.

Sac State goes to the MAC in the latest conference realignment move. Photo by Joseph Weiser/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

0:00:00 - Sac State to the MAC

14:31 - Where does conference realignment go from here?

24:44 - Trinidad Chambliss & Joey Aguilar eligibility cases

42:32 - Would a $100 million from Mr. Beast get ECU to the CFP?

🖥️Watchthis full episode on YouTube

Check out all episodes of theCollege Football Enquirerand the rest of the Yahoo Sports podcast family athttps://apple.co/3zEuTQjor atyahoosports.tv

Sac State goes to the MAC as conference realignment rages on

The college football landscape never stops moving, shifting and changing. The latest change is yet another drastic move ...
Martin Scorsese in June 2025, and Grogu in 'The Mandalorian and Grogu' Daniele Venturelli/Getty; Disney+/Lucasfilm Ltd.

Daniele Venturelli/Getty; Disney+/Lucasfilm Ltd.

You talkin' to me? Or you talkin' to Grogu?

The Mandalorian and Grogu's trailer revealedTaxi Driver,Goodfellas, andKillers of the Flower MoonauteurMartin Scorseseas a part of the upcomingStar Warsuniverse film's ensemble cast on Tuesday.

Anew trailercontains the first glimpse of Scorsese's character, a four-armed Ardennian shop owner who interacts with Pedro Pascal's bounty hunter Din Djarin, the titular Mandalorian, in a crowded market.

"I'm looking for some information," Din says in a low and menacing tone, before placing a glinting coin on the shop owner's counter. Scorsese's New York drawl fills the scene when his character retorts, "Whoa! For this price, I'll tell you whatever you want."

"I'm looking for a Hutt," Din explains, which turns Scorsese's shopkeeper on a dime. "Closed for the night, thank you!" he announces, slamming a protective screen in the Mandalorian's face.

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

While Scorsese is primarily known for directing over 50 features, documentaries, short films, and television episodes, he also has numerous acting credits to his name. He last appeared in the Julian Schnabel dramaIn the Hand of Dante, which premiered at the 2025 Venice International Film Festival.

But he's also given himself several voice roles in his own films, includingThe Wolf of Wall Street, in which he speaks over the phone to Leonardo DiCaprio's wicked Jordan Belfort, andThe Irishman, in which he provided a critical command during a courtroom scene. His last memorable voice role outside his own filmography came in 2004, when he played the pufferfish Sykes inShark Tale.

The rest of theMandalorian and Grogutrailer sees Pascal's bounty hunter promise the 50-year-old alien infant Grogu, colloquially known as Baby Yoda, to burn through "gangsters" and "war criminals" en route to eliminating "every bad guy in your deck of cards."

Elsewhere, Sigourney Weaver's fighter pilot notes that the titular team's mission "isn't about revenge," but "preventing another war." There's also a glimpse of Din duking it out with Rotta (voiced by Jeremy Allen White), the son of iconicStar Warsvillain Jabba the Hutt.

Martin Scorsese and George Lucas in 2022 Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty

The film, directed by Jon Favreau, who co-wrote the screenplay withnew Lucasfilm CEODave Filoni, continues the Disney+ seriesThe Mandalorian, which aired its final episode in 2023.

"The evil Empire has fallen, and Imperial warlords remain scattered throughout the galaxy," reads apreviously released descriptionof the film. "As the fledgling New Republic works to protect everything the Rebellion fought for, they have enlisted the help of legendary Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin and his young apprentice Grogu."

Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogupremieres in theaters on May 22.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Martin Scorsese's role revealed in new “Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu” trailer

Daniele Venturelli/Getty; Disney+/Lucasfilm Ltd. You talkin' to me? Or you talkin' to Grogu? The Mandalorian and Grogu's tra...
Rumer Willis, Bruce Willis, and Demi Moore at the Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis after-party in L.A. in July 2018 Phil Faraone/VMN18/Getty

Phil Faraone/VMN18/Getty

Rumer Williswants people to understand that being a single mom isn't easy for her either.

After the oldest daughter of actorsBruce WillisandDemi Mooreshared a message on Instagram Monday about thevarious tasks she juggles daily— laundry, meal prepping, bath time, etc. — she received enough blowback that she felt compelled to address it.

Willis, 37, is the mother of 2-year-old daughter Louetta "Lou," whom she shares with ex-boyfriend Derek Richard Thomas.

View this post on Instagram

"Just had to clarify since it seems there are quite a few uninformed and rude people in my comments on this post," Willis wrote in a follow-up message. "I work 4 different jobs to provide for my daughter. I am the sole provider for her. I don't live off a trust fund or get money from my parents. Most of the time I don't have help with her. So how about y'all pause before you judge and assume."

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

A reader replied with a thoughtful response, pointing out to Willis that "you do have a back up that will always be there for you should you get into financial trouble. Your family is not going to allow you to fall into serious debt that would lead to homelessness for example."

The commenter added that Willis' having that backup, but "not acknowledging that makes those without it feel that your privilege comes across [as] arrogance and as if you take that for granted."

Willis then addressed the comment in a lengthy post on her Instagram Stories.

Explaining that she wanted to respond with care, Willis said she suspected there had been a misunderstanding in what she was saying.

"I am very aware that I have privileges in my life that many people don't, and I don't take that for granted," she said. "I know there are realities that I will never fully experience, and I regret that. But this particular post wasn't about privilege or comparing circumstances, and it feels like people are assuming I was ignoring that when that wasn't the conversation I was trying to have."

Rumer Willis responds to backlash on Instagram Rumer Willis/Instagram

Willis said she doesn't "live my life treating family support as a backup plan." She added that she takes "a lot of pride" in providing for herself and her daughter and "has carried real financial stress and responsibility."

She continued, "There were years where I was the sole provider for multiple people, navigating pregnancy, inconsistent work, and the uncertainty that comes with that."

She said her "intention with that post was to speak to common ground and shared experience, not to erase differences or deny reality. I think there's room for both compassion for what others face and honesty about our own lives without it becoming a competition."

Willis — who made her acting debut at age 7 in the 1995 filmNow and Then— continues to act today. Her recent credits include the ABC showDoctor Odyssey, the Hulu seriesReasonable Doubt, and Western movieTrail of Vengeance.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Rumer Willis says she doesn't get money from famous parents Bruce Willis and Demi Moore or 'live off a trust fund'

Phil Faraone/VMN18/Getty Rumer Williswants people to understand that being a single mom isn't easy for her either. After the oldest ...

 

AB JRNL © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com