Ray J Sparks Concerns After Seemingly Bleeding While Performing

Fans are concerned forRay J's healthafter he performed with apparent blood from his eye. The 45-year-old singer appeared at "An Intimate Valentine's Day Concert" in Shreveport, Louisiana, on Saturday, February 14. In a video doing the rounds on the internet, fans noticed a red liquid dripping down his cheeks, assuming it was blood. Notably, Ray was previously hospitalized for pneumonia and heart pain.

Ray J's recent performance sparks concerns

Ray Jsparks health concerns after fans noticed blood allegedly oozing from his eyes. Livebitez shared a video of Ray performing at a Valentine's Day concert. The caption read, "Ray J performed last night with his heart monitor, and fans assumed real blood was coming out of his eyes and chest."

Ray J performed last night with his heart monitor, and fans assumed real blood was coming out of his eyes and chest.pic.twitter.com/Mi8L6xpf5F

— livebitez (@livebitez)February 15, 2026

In the video, the "One Wish" crooner is distributing red roses to front-row fans. When zoomed in on his face, one can see red liquid dripping down his cheeks. Fans assume it is blood, sparking concerns for his health.

Later, Ray unzipped the top of his jumpsuit to reveal his bare torso. Fans were quick to notice a mysterious medical dressing on the upper left side of his chest. The internet suspects this was where he had a heart monitor or another cardiac-related device.

However, despite his apparent medical condition, the "Melody" singer performed with enthusiasm and enthralled fans with top-notch fan service as well. Previously, the singer was hospitalized for pneumonia and heart pains in January of this year. Ray confessed he was taking eight medications as he dealt with serious heart problems.

According toTMZ,doctors were unsure how long the singer would live because of his fragile health condition. Doctors instructed him to stay in bed and take his medications, prescribed for people at risk of heart failure. Doctors also revealed that Ray might need a pacemaker or defibrillator. The 45-year-old singer shared that doctors prohibited him from smoking or drinking, admitting it had been difficult. He said, "If I come out of this, I'll be stronger and a better person."

Originally written by Anwaya Mane onMandatory.

The postRay J Sparks Concerns After Seemingly Bleeding While Performingappeared first onReality Tea.

Ray J Sparks Concerns After Seemingly Bleeding While Performing

Fans are concerned forRay J's healthafter he performed with apparent blood from his eye. The 45-year-old singer appeared at "An I...
Rosie Perez looks back on firing agent who told her to claim she's African American: 'I just got up and I left'

Paul Morigi/Getty

Entertainment Weekly Rosie Perez at the 2025 Hispanic Heritage Awards in Washington, D.C. Paul Morigi/Getty 

Rosie Perezis reflecting on a challenging point in her career.

The actress recently opened up about some of the problematic advice she's received over the years, as well as the shocking suggestion that led her to fire an agent, during a conversation with Eddie Muller at the TCM Classic Film Festival New York Pop-Up.

"They asked me to change my accent. They asked me to change the color of my hair. They wanted me to be a blonde. They asked me to change my nose," Perez said of the recommendations given to her to help land more roles.

The Oscar nominee revealed that one agent even asked her to "change my ethnicity," with the rationale being that Perez would "probably get more roles if you say you're African American."

"It was the whole gambit," Perez continued. "I remember the first agent who told me that. I just looked and went, 'You're fired.' I just got up and I left. I didn't need it. I was in college, actually. I was a biochem major, so I was like, I'll just go back to school. I don't need this."

Perez has previously spoken about receiving such advice from a former agent, whom she's declined to name, tellingVarietyin 2023 that "I don't want her to be canceled, but she told me that if I dyed my hair blond and got a nose job, 'I can get you more jobs. Because you're not Black.'"

Advertisement

Rosie Perez landed her breakout role as Tina in Spike Lee's iconic 'Do the Right Thing' (1989) Everett Collection

The Brooklyn-born actress' career spans over three decades, from her breakthrough in 1989'sDo the Right Thingand memorable roles inWhite Men Can't Jump,It Could Happen to You, andThe Taketo cohostingThe View. Perez landed an Oscar nomination for her role in 1993'sFearless. Along with her success, Perez has strongly advocated for improved Latino representation in Hollywood.

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

"When you're of color and you don't want to pass and be whitewashed, you pay the price," Perez toldEntertainment Weeklyin 2020. "You're not privy to certain roles because of the racism, whether it's over or subtle, and the roles that are offered continuously… like, I get offers all the time, they're insulting and they further this negativity that I don't want to be a part of."

Rosie Perez was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in 'Fearless' Warner Brothers/courtesy Everett Collection

Warner Brothers/courtesy Everett Collection

Perez continued, "And so it takes a lot of strength within oneself to say no. To say no to projects that you know are going to be commercially viable and successful. To say no to a big payday. It takes a lot to have belief in yourself and belief in the long game and faith that it's going to come. If you just keep doing good work, they're still going to come for you, and they're still going to offer you the good stuff. Because, let's say when people write a love story, why does it predominantly always have to be a white person? And then if they say, 'Well, we would have to change it,' and I say, 'Why? Why do you have to change it? They didn't changeWhite Men Can't Jump. They didn't changeFearless. Why?' And they just can't think past that."

Perez added that she is "humbled and grateful" for the career she has had and roles she's been presented with for the past 30 years.

"Most women of color don't get the opportunities that I've gotten and there's only a handful of us, and most women of color over a certain age truly don't get the opportunities that I've gotten and the opportunities that are still coming," she said. "So that is what humbles me."

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Rosie Perez looks back on firing agent who told her to claim she's African American: 'I just got up and I left'

Paul Morigi/Getty Rosie Perezis reflecting on a challenging point in her career. The actress recently opene...
Nancy Guthrie's relatives 'cleared as possible suspects' in disappearance, police say

Savannah Guthrie/Instagram

Entertainment Weekly Savannah Guthrie, Nancy Guthrie, and Annie Guthrie Savannah Guthrie/Instagram

As the search forNancy Guthrieenters its third week, law enforcement is leaning away from considering the elderly woman's relatives as suspects.

Throughout the investigation into the disappearance ofSavannah Guthrie's mother, police have maintained that investigators are not ruling out any individuals or possibilities. However, law enforcement sources have toldNBCandABC Newsthat authorities do not believe the members of Guthrie's family were involved in the crime. Investigators are also leaning away from the man whose home was searched after he was detained in a car stop last week.

"To be clear…the Guthrie family — to include all siblings and spouses — has been cleared as possible suspects in this case," Pima County Sheriff's Department said in a statement toEntertainment Weeklyon Monday. "The family has been nothing but cooperative and gracious, and are victims in this case. To suggest otherwise is not only wrong, it is cruel."

In a previous press blast on Friday, the sheriff's office had said, "Investigators continue to follow up on all leads. The suspect description released by the FBI this week remains a key focus; however, investigators are not ruling out any individuals or possibilities... We ask the public to continue submitting actionable tips."

Annie Guthrie, Savannah Guthrie, and Camron Guthrie speak out Savannah Guthrie/Instagram

Savannah Guthrie/Instagram

Despite reports that investigators are focusing on other leads, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told theDaily Mailthat "nobody" has been officially cleared in the investigation, including workers at Nancy's home (who were the subject of two separate SWAT raids) and her own family members.

"I stay in touch with them, mostly Savannah. I've not been in touch with [Nancy's son-in-law Tommaso [Cioni] or [her daughter] Annie [Guthrie] too much," Nanos told the outlet in a Sunday interview. "I have talked to them a little bit, but I know the investigators are in touch with them."

Nanos also addressed speculation about Cioni, who was the last person to see Nancy alive after dropping her off at home the night of her disappearance.

Advertisement

"I understand the pundits are out there. They're gonna say 'Well, he's the last one to see her alive.' We understand that stuff," Nanos said. "But, my goodness, you're putting a mark on somebody who could be completely innocent. And more important than that, he's family."

Nancy Guthrie was last seen the evening of Jan. 31, after being dropped off at home by family members. The following day, she wasdeclared missing, and a large-scale search was launched. On Feb. 2, Nanos announced that herdisappearance was being investigated as a crime, and declared her home a crime scene, revealing thattraces of Guthrie's bloodhad been discovered on her porch.

Nancy Guthrie and Savannah Guthrie in 2015 Don Arnold/WireImage

Don Arnold/WireImage

Over a week later, on Feb. 10, FBI Director Kash Patelshared the first photos and video footageof a masked man on Guthrie's doorstep that was captured on the night she disappeared. The FBI subsequentlyrevealed new informationabout a suspect in the case as they increased the reward for information leading to Guthrie's location to $100,000.

"The suspect is described as a male, approximately 5'9" - 5'10" tall, with an average build," the bureau said in a statement. "In the video, he is wearing a black, 25-liter 'Ozark Trail Hiker Pack' backpack. We hope this updated description will help concentrate the public tips we are receiving."

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

That same day, authorities announced that they'd detained a person of interest in connection to the case, butlater released him. The man, who identified himself as Carlos, claimed that he did not know who Nancy or Savannah were and had never seen theTodayshow.

Savannah and her siblings, Annie and Camron, have published multiple videospleading with their mother's captors to return her home safe and sound. The sheriff's department and the FBI continue to urge anyone with tips to call 1-800-CALL-FBI.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Nancy Guthrie’s relatives 'cleared as possible suspects' in disappearance, police say

Savannah Guthrie/Instagram As the search forNancy Guthrieenters its third week, law enforcement is leaning a...
Why would Sacramento State spend tens of millions to join the MAC? 'It is putting the university on the map'

After months of what university president Luke Wood describes as "disruptive marketing," Sacramento State has completed its years-long goal of membership into the NCAA's top football division, FBS.

But the Hornets' five-year football-only agreement into the Mid-American Conference comes at a steep price — the steepest price, at least in cash, that we've seen from any conference expansion move in history.

Sac State will pay an $18 million entry fee into the league ($6 million the first year) and $5 million in an NCAA FBS entry fee, as well as accepting zero conference distribution over that stretch and covering the air travel costs for all visiting MAC football teams (an additional $2-4 million over the five years).

The total price for the move (the entry fees and the travel costs) stands to exceed $25 million. All of this to compete in a division where Sac State's budget will be dwarfed by power conference giants?

It's left so many inside and outside of college athletics asking a question: Why?

"It is putting the university on the map," Wood said in an interview Monday with Yahoo Sports.

In short, Sacramento State views this promotion as a branding and marketing play for the university, where the FBS moniker, nationally televised MAC games and path to bowls and the College Football Playoff brings eyeballs that, Wood says, you just don't get at the FCS level.

In fact, Wood, himself a Sacramento State alum, commissioned a consulting firm to generate the economic impact of five years in FBS. It produced a $975 million figure to the Sacramento area (roughly $250 million annually).

But perhaps the most significant impact of the move is related to the school's enrollment. In fact, Wood says studies have shown that the value of a university degree increases with a move from FCS to FBS.

"Part of what we need to be able to do is market ourselves not just in-state but also out of state," Wood said. "The lack of exposure in FCS does have an impact on recruiting students, especially out of state. You need out-of-state students to ensure your university is viable."

Though the university subsidizes a large percentage of Sac State's athletic budget, Wood says most of the MAC and FBS entry fees will originate from the football program's revenues, specifically the cash accrued from non-conference "buy games" against FBS and power league programs. Football will pay the fees for football's move, he says.

There are other expenses beyond entry fees and compensating MAC teams for their travel. For instance, the school plans millions this offseason in modifications to its stadium to prepare it for FBS play, including the creation of a new visiting locker room, visiting suites for the opponent's administration, additional end-zone seating and video boards. That doesn't include millions in its own travel costs to ship its football team across the country at least four times a year for five years (likely at a cost of at least $150,000 a trip).

Is it all worth it?

"The whole point is to make sure Sacramento State is a flagship university," Wood said. "We are a case study in disruptive marketing. People would say North Dakota State did it the right way. Well, we can't wait around to win 10 national championships.

"There were many who fought tooth and nail to make sure this didn't happen. We had many people rooting against us. Despite all the odds, we did something that hasn't been done in 57 years. It is historic."

Wood is referring to Sacramento State becoming the first West Coast FCS program to move its football team to FBS since Fresno State and San Diego State made the move in 1969.

Nearly six decades later, the Hornets arrive, delivering the Mid-American Conference quite a windfall. The MAC distributes around $1.5-2 million annually to its members in all-in conference distribution (this includes NCAA and bowl distributions). Sac State's entry fee is expected to increase the annual distribution by about 15-20%.

As one school administrator quipped, "That's a big deal."

The MAC gets money. Sac State gets the FBS brand.

And that includes the Hornets' inclusion in EA's "College Football" video game, too.

"I was talking to our players this morning," Wood said. "You know what they are most excited about? Being in the video game."

Why would Sacramento State spend tens of millions to join the MAC? 'It is putting the university on the map'

After months of what university president Luke Wood describes as "disruptive marketing," Sacramento State has ...
Olympic mystery solved: Why don't figure skaters get dizzy?

MILAN — When Amber Glenn takes the ice this week for her short program, she's expected to skate a graceful routine that will end with a series of spins. If she performs as expected, the spins — more than two dozen in all — will be a dramatic crescendo, the culmination of a meticulously prepared routine.

And many of the millions watching at home will wonder,How does she do that?Very quickly followed by,Hey, why isn't she just throwing up on the ice right now from dizziness?

The answer to both questions — the ability to spin, and the ability to stave off dizziness — is the same: practice. Lots and lots of practice.

Amber Glenn of the United States competes during the figure skating women's team event at the 2026 Winter Olympics, in Milan, Italy, Sunday, Feb. 8, 2026. (AP Photo/Natacha Pisarenko)

Let's start with a basic but neurologically complex question: What exactly is dizziness? You know it when you feel it, but what exactly is it?

"There are many causes of dizziness, but neurologically speaking, which I think is most relevant here, dizziness is caused by dysfunction of the vestibular system," Dr. Lindsay J. Agostinelli, an assistant professor of neurology at the University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine, told Yahoo Sports in an email. "The vestibular system is an apparatus in our inner ears that detects head motion and rotation, sending signals to our brain to then turn our eyes in order to maintain balance and prevent dizziness as we move through space."

Skaters, like dancers, begin to prepare for spinning by focusing on a single spot in the distance as they spin, then turning their head quickly and relocating that point, Dr. Agostinelli notes. That allows them to quickly stabilize themselves and stave off dizziness.

But that method won't exactly work on ice, when skaters are whipping around five or six times a second. The only way to solve that problem, Dr. Agostinelli suggests, is by repetition, breaking down your traditional dizzy reaction to spinning.

"Research studies have shown that figure skaters actually have a less reactive vestibular system, and when exposed to a 'nauseogenic simulation' that rotated/ spun them, they felt less motion sick compared to non-skaters," Dr. Agostinelli says. "This is likely a result of their training which habituates their vestibular systems."

Fighting off dizziness is a mental battle that becomes a physical one. "I think initial training requires mental toughness to fight through the requisite dizziness," Dr. Agostinelli says, "but the ability to perform at high speeds without dizziness is clearly a result of the physical training and desensitization process."

So there you go. If you want to stay as level-headed as a skater, start spinning now.Carefully.

Olympic mystery solved: Why don't figure skaters get dizzy?

MILAN — When Amber Glenn takes the ice this week for her short program, she's expected to skate a graceful routine t...

 

AB JRNL © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com