Cardi B blames government for Vegas concert fall after taunting DHS online

Cardi Bmade more than money moves Friday while performing on stage in Las Vegas.

Fox News

The 33-year-old rapper didn't miss a beat when she fell backward off her chair mid-concert while singing "Thotiana" at the T-Mobile Arena in Sin City.

In videos circulating online, Cardi – who's full name is Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar – stood up, pointed at the chair and assured the audience, "That wasthe government."

Britney Spears Sells Music For Reported $200M, Experts Cite 'Hot Catalog' Market For Sale Interest

Cardi B walks red carpet at Paris Fashion Week

Once the musician caught wind of the fall going viral online, she added on X, "Can someone put a community note on this? This video is clearly Ai."

Jason Aldean's Brutal 7-Word Takedown Of Zach Bryan After 'Cringe' Tpusa Halftime Insult

Read On The Fox News App

Last week, the "Bodak Yellow" rapper hurled thinly-veiled threats at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and theDepartment of Homeland Security (DHS)while launching her tour in Southern California.

"If ICE come in here we gone jump they asses," Cardi quipped on stage to a roaring round of applause. "B---h, I've got some bear mace in the back."

She continued, "They ain't taking my fans."

Like What You're Reading? Click Here For More Entertainment News

Cardi then broke into her hit song "I Like It," which features J Balvin and Super Bowl halftime headliner, Bad Bunny.

DHS didn't take the heat, and instead remained optimistic about Cardi interactions.

Advertisement

"As long she doesn't drug and rob our agents, we'll consider that an improvement over her past behavior," DHS said in a statement provided to Fox News Digital.

Cardi B poses with Jessica Alba at Super Bowl

Cardi's representatives did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment.

The "Please Me" singer waded further into the drama with DHS and shared a gif of Dr. Evil from Austin Powers in response to the federal government entering its third partial shutdown of the last half-year after Congress failed to reach an agreement on all 12 of its annual spending bills.

"I planned this," Cardi posted on X.

Click Here To Sign Up For The Entertainment Newsletter

Last year, the musician gave insight as to why she now strays away from politics despite being involved in theKamala Harrispresidential campaign.

"You know the reason why I've been so silent about politics? It's because when I used to complain the past four years, I know for a fact that people watch my stuff. I know it," Cardi toldBillboard. "I know the White House watches my stuff. I have a big platform. I know they listen to what I say. I might not say it the prettiest way, but I know they listen to what I'm saying."

She added, "There's a president that knows I've never supported him and it's like if I say something, he's not going to care. I tried to give people warnings and it is what it is. What I can do? What I can say?"

Cardi B launched her

TheNew York rapperadmitted she wasn't interested in voting in 2024, but picked the "lesser evil" when she sided with Harris and spoke at a Milwaukee rally for Kamala before the election.

Click Here To Download The Fox News App

"There was a time when I said I wasn't voting for nobody. Everybody's doing shady s–t. I was like, you know what? I had to pick the lesser evil. People thought it was funny. People made fun of my accent," she said. "People made fun of my speech. I was [like], 'Y'all gonna see what's funny.' S--t ain't funny right now, isn't it? It's really tough out here. S--t is really rough out here for everybody. I tried to warn ya."

Cardi kicked off her "Little Miss Drama Tour" Wednesday in Palm Desert, Calif. The "Drip" rapper is slated to perform 35 shows on the tour, which is in support of her second studio album, "Am I the Drama?"

Original article source:Cardi B blames government for Vegas concert fall after taunting DHS online

Cardi B blames government for Vegas concert fall after taunting DHS online

Cardi Bmade more than money moves Friday while performing on stage in Las Vegas. The 33-year-old rapper didn...
Candace Bushnell Dia Dipasupil/Getty

Dia Dipasupil/Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • Candace Bushnell is opening up about how close her life was to the Sex and the City character Carrie Bradshaw

  • The author talks to PEOPLE about her one-woman show and her career

  • What surprises audiences, she shares, is really how close her life was to Carrie's

Candace Bushnell lived Carrie Bradshaw's life. Or more, Carrie Bradshaw lived Cadance Bushnell's life.

When talking to PEOPLE, the author and television producer shares thatSex and the Citywas modeled after her life, minus a few major changes. Similarly to the show, Bushnell also had her own Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha. She reveals stories about this in her one-woman show,Candace Bushnell: Tales of Sex, Success and Sex in the City

Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City James Devaney/WireImage

James Devaney/WireImage

"Originally Carrie Bradshaw was basically me, and that's one of the things that's a big part of the show, it's aboutSex and the City, how I createdSex in the City, how hard I worked to get there, and why I invented Carrie Bradshaw," the author, 67, says.

The writer reveals thats she used to be a lot closer to Carrie Bradshaw, who on-screen is played by Sarah Jessica Parker. "Carrie Bradshaw is the character that it was based on me, probably closer at the beginning of the series, and then it takes on a life of its own, which is fantastic because you want that to happen," Bushnell explains.

One of the things that surprises most audiences is how close her life was to Carrie's. However, one big difference is that ultimately, Bushnell didn't end up with Mr. Big like Carrie did. "I didn't end up with my Mr. Big. I do tell that story about our breakup. The day that he broke up with me was the day that I got the galleys to the book,Sex and the City,"Bushnell reveals.

Like on the series when Mr. Big marries Natasha, Bushnell says her real-life Mr. Big married to someone else. But he's been married for around 30 years and now lives in Vermont.

Candace Bushnell Fadil Berisha

Fadil Berisha

"One of the things that struck me was how much my Mr. Big, he was looking to get married, and how much I was not," Bushnell recalls. "That was something that I realized when I read the book, because at the time, I thought, like, 'Oh, I just wanna be him!' But everything that I did and said made it clear that I did not. I did not want to get married and have a conventional life."

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE'sfree daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Despite that, her life, she shares, has a lot of "little connections" to the HBO series. "There's one character who was in the show. She was only in one episode, Amalita Amalfi, and she made me buy these amazing Manolo Blahnik boots. I wore those boots on the same night that I was reporting the first column forSex in the City," the author says.

Bushnell also reveals that she still has the actual boots, although they never made onto the show.

Read the original article onPeople

Candace Bushnell Reveals Her Mr. Big Broke Up with Her the Night She Got Her Copy of the “Sex and the City” Book (Exclusive)

Dia Dipasupil/Getty NEED TO KNOW Candace Bushnell is opening up about how close her life was to the Sex and the City character Carrie Br...

Paul Archuleta/Getty

People Jessica Vargas and Jason Oppenheim in November 2025 Paul Archuleta/Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • Jason Oppenheim and Jessica Vargas have broken up, the couple confirmed to PEOPLE on Feb. 15

  • "While we won't be husband and wife, we will be best friends," Oppenheim told PEOPLE

  • The Selling Sunset star's split from Vargas comes less than a year after they went public with their relationship in April 2025

Jason OppenheimandJessica Vargashave split.

The Oppenheim Group owner, 48, and Vargas, a realtor associate at the brokerage, confirmed their breakup in statements shared exclusively with PEOPLE, which were sent jointly on Sunday, Feb. 15, as they are in Hawaii together to attend a wedding.

"Jessica is the most beautiful woman I've ever met, inside and out, and while we won't be husband and wife, we will be best friends," Oppenheim tells PEOPLE. "Having her in my life is what matters most."

Jessica Vargas and Jason Oppenheim at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2025  Vivien Killilea/Getty

Vivien Killilea/Getty

Vargas echoed theSelling Sunsetstar's sentiments.

"Jason and I have a lot of love for each other, and that's not going anywhere," Vargas says. "The best outcome for us is staying close and remaining in each other's lives as best friends."

"He's truly a gem of a human with the biggest heart, and I'm grateful for him," she adds of theSelling Sunsetstar.

The couple also confirmed their breakup publicly, sharing brief statements over a photo of them on Instagram Stories.

Advertisement

"We're no longer boyfriend and girlfriend... but still love each other and still best friends," Oppenheim penned over the black-and-white shot, as Vargas reposted and added, "Love you J& may this type of friendship find us all."

Jason Oppenheim and Jessica Vargas confirm their split on Instagram Jason Oppenheim/Instagram

Jason Oppenheim/Instagram

Oppenheim and Vargas confirmed their romance in April 2025 when they made their red carpet debut together at the Los Angeles premiere ofThe Accountant 2. A week later, theywent Instagram official.

On April 21, Vargas shared several photos with Oppenheim, including a snap of the reality star holding her from behind while they posed in front of mountains, a picture of the pair watching TV at home and one of them on a boat surrounded by friends and co-workers.

Jessica Vargas and Jason Oppenheim in May 2025 Michael Buckner/Variety via Getty

Michael Buckner/Variety via Getty

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

"Lately with us. A few favorites from the camera roll and @jasonoppenheim bday extravaganza," she captioned the post, adding a red heart emoji.

Oppenheim reciprocated the love in the comments section, writing, "Baby, love these!" and adding three red hearts of his own.

The then-new romance also got the seal of approval from Oppenheim's ex,Chrishell Stause, who "liked" the post.

Read the original article onPeople

“Selling Sunset”’s Jason Oppenheim and Jessica Vargas Have Split but Remain ‘Best Friends’ (Exclusive)

Paul Archuleta/Getty NEED TO KNOW Jason Oppenheim and Jessica Vargas have broken up, the couple confirmed t...
Travis Kelce hits fan in head with golf ball during Pebble Beach Pro-Am – again

He should ditch the 5-iron and stick to gridiron.

NY Post Sports An image collage containing 2 images, Image 1 shows Travis Kelce speaks with a fan who was struck by his golf ball on the 18th hole of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am on Feb. 13, 2026, Image 2 shows Travis Kelce tees off on the 1st hole in the second round of the pro-am tournament on Feb. 13, 2026

Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce inadvertently struck a spectator in the head with a golf ball on the last hole of the AT&TPebble Beach Pro-AmFriday, the fourth time the Super Bowl champion has errantly walloped a fan on the course.

The 36-year-old tight end blasted his 18th-hole drive wide out of bounds, shouting "Fore" to any spectators in the vicinity, but the ball still found one woman who was hit in the head.

Travis Kelce speaks with a fan who was struck by his golf ball on the 18th hole of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am on Feb. 13, 2026. Kyle Terada-Imagn Images

Kelce ran over to the woman — identified as Edenne Flinn – to apologize for the errant drive as she was receiving medical attention at a golf cart,KSBW reported.

The three-time Super Bowl champion, who was partnered up with pro golfer Keith Mitchell during the celebrity-filled event, was captured on video speaking with Flinn as other spectators gathered around the two, accordingto a TikTok post.

Flinn reassured Kelce that she was fine, but the amateur golfer signed an autograph before parting ways.

Kelce withdrew from the rest of the hole after the incident, which resulted in his team finishing with a two-day score of 10 under par.

Friday's mishap was the third time Kelce accidentally struck a fan on the golf course

Advertisement

In 2024, Kelcehad two wayward shotson the same day while playing at the American Century Championship in Stateline, Nevada, on Lake Tahoe.

Kelce ran over to the woman — identified as Edenne Flinn – to apologize for the errant drive as she was receiving medical attention at a golf cart. AP Travis Kelce tees off on the 1st hole in the second round of the pro-am tournament on Feb. 13, 2026. AP

A young female spectator in her 20s was left bloodied when a Kelce's shot on the 16th hole struck her in the head, causing her to remain on the ground for several minutes while event staff checked her out.

Streaks of blood were visible in her hair after the chaotic moment, according to People.

Earlier in the day, Kelce had accidentally drove a ball off course that hit a fan in the arm.

In July 2025, Kelce, again playing at the American Century Championship and accidentally drove aball into the neck of an onlookerduring a booze-filled round.

The injured fan didn't suffer any serious injuries and managed to find laughter despite the errant shot.

Kelce signs an autograph for Flinn after the incident. Kyle Terada-Imagn Images

The 11-time Pro Bowler has been the subject ofretirement rumors since the Chiefs' seasonended without a playoff appearance.

Kelce is eyeing a return to Kansas City for the 2026 season, with the team making it known they would like him back,according to NFL Network.

The 13-year veteran, who is engaged to pop star Taylor Swift, has yet to make a decision on continuing his Hall of Fame career.

Travis Kelce hits fan in head with golf ball during Pebble Beach Pro-Am – again

He should ditch the 5-iron and stick to gridiron. Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce inadvertently struck ...
Bryce Harper on Dave Dombrowski saying he's no longer elite: 'Kind of wild'

Philadelphia Phillies' president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski chose an odd time to call out one of his star players last season. Following the team's postseason departure in October, Dombrowski suggested that first baseman Bryce Harper, a two-time National League MVP, was no longer an elite player.

USA TODAY Sports

With spring training getting underway soon, Harper was asked by reporters what he thought of Dombrowski's comments.

Harper stayed mostly professional throughout his answer, but did express some discontent.

"For me it was kinda wild the whole situation of that happening," Harper said.

"I think the big thing for me was when we first met with this organization it was, 'Hey we're always going to keep things in-house and we expect you to do the same thing.' So when that didn't happen it kind of took me for a run a little bit."

Harper also claimed that the "Not Elite" shirt he wore in a DecemberTikTokof him taking batting practice was not a statement against Dombrowski, merely a shirt that was made for him. Harper claimed, "If they're going to make [the shirts] for me, I'm going to wear them." However, the timing seems odd considering Dombrowski had spent the previous monthclaiminghe and Harper had cleared the air.

Advertisement

Harper is entering his age-33 season.

Philadelphia Phillies first base Bryce Harper looks on during a light show in the ninth inning against the Minnesota Twins at Citizens Bank Park.

Did Harper struggle in 2025?

By Harper's standards, absolutely.

In 2025, Harper posted his second-lowest batting average (.261), lowest on-base percentage (.357), and lowest slugging percentage (.487) of his Phillies' career.

That said, he still posted a 129 OPS+, which is a high-end figure by any metric. Furthermore, his strikeout rate dropped between 2024 (21.9%) and 2025 (20.9%) as well as his average exit velocity (91.3) and barrel percentage (12.3%).

When do the Phillies begin spring training?

The Phillies begin spring training on February 21 with a matchup against the reigning American League champion Toronto Blue Jays. The game is scheduled for a 1:07 p.m. ET start time.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Bryce Harper finally speaks on Dombrowski's "no longer elite" comment

Bryce Harper on Dave Dombrowski saying he's no longer elite: 'Kind of wild'

Philadelphia Phillies' president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski chose an odd time to call out one of his sta...

 

AB JRNL © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com