Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it’s an ‘honour to play for the club’ | 4G6G1O5 | 2024-03-09 09:08:01

New Photo - Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club' | 4G6G1O5 | 2024-03-09 09:08:01
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club' | 4G6G1O5 | 2024-03-09 09:08:01

The former Younger Player of the Yr was the subject of a three-way switch tussle when he left the City Floor in 2002.


JERMAINE JENAS has revealed that Manchester United tried to sign him from Nottingham Forest.

The former Younger Player of the Yr was the subject of a three-way switch tussle when he left the City Floor in 2002.

Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
PA
Jermaine Jenas was needed by Manchester United[/caption]
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
YouTube
The former midfielder recounted his Forest exit whereas chatting to Peter Crouch[/caption]
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
Getty
Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn't budge on his valuation[/caption]

Sir Alex Ferguson, now 82, noticed something in Jenas – but was not prepared to go the additional mile to safe his signature.

Appearing on the Peter Crouch Podcast, Jenas, 41, recounted: "It's a Wednesday, Paul Hart rings me and says 'you could come to the office now.' I used to be like 'okay, what have I completed?'

"He went 'proper, we've had three gives on the table'. Sir Alex Ferguson has rang and bid three million, and never a penny more, as a result of it's an honour to play for the football club.

"David O'Leary's rang from Leeds, they have been spending money on the time, they've bid five million and Newcastle United have bid 5 million, and the automotive's going to be here in an hour."

After revealing that Shaka Hislop's brother picked him as much as take him to the Toon, Jenas continued: "I'm saying to my agent, 'I need to go to Leeds.'

"Because Leeds is simply down the street and I knew Rio (Ferdinand) because I'd bumped into him a number of occasions, out, as you possibly can think about."

Jenas was subsequently warned of Leeds' state of affairs and that they have been "going to crumble".

On the Purple Devils he then added: "United was the only one I stated no to right away because I needed to play.

"I checked out their midfield and I was like 'I'm not enjoying'. That they had (Juan Sebastian) Veron, Scholesey, Roy Keane, Becks."

Jenas went on to hitch Newcastle, spending three years at St James' Park earlier than shifting on to Tottenham.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

Ahead of shifting to White Hart Lane, nevertheless, the midfielder thought he might end up on the pink aspect of North London.

He added: "I almost went to Arsenal once I left Newcastle – I assumed I was going to Arsenal at that exact time.

"He (Arsene Wenger) was quite vocal. (Patrick) Vieira was about to go away to go to Juve and he all the time used to say he was an admirer of mine.

"Once I gained Younger Player of the Yr, Martin Keown got here and received me and stated 'everyone in our dressing room voted for you' so I assumed there was half an opportunity I used to be going to Arsenal here.

"At that exact time Wenger was principally Pep Guardiola."

Bumping into the Frenchman years later, Jenas asked why he didn't deliver him to Highbury.

Revealing Wenger's reply, Jenas claimed : "He stated 'I ought to have bought you whenever you left Forest'."

The 21-cap England ace went on to spend eight years at Spurs, enjoying 202 occasions and helping them safe Champions League qualification for the first time underneath Harry Redknapp.

Following loans at Aston Villa and again at Forest he joined QPR completely in January 2013.

He made his ultimate appearance for the R's aged just 31, after being pressured into an early retirement as a consequence of a critical knee damage.

MAN UTD NEWS LIVE: All the newest news from Previous Trafford

Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
PA:Press Association

Jenas moved to Newcastle in a £5million deal[/caption]

Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
Alex Ferguson wanted me at Man Utd but refused to offer what rivals paid because it's an 'honour to play for the club'
PA:Press Association

He went on to play over 200 occasions for Tottenham[/caption]

#alex #ferguson #wanted #man #utd #refused #offer #rivals #paid #because #honour #play #club #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/LA38yta Source: MAG NEWS

Post a Comment

0 Comments